Spring Hill, Florida - A Pasco family is in dire need of help after their mobile home burned to the ground early Friday morning.
The Parsons family had lived in the 18500 block of St. Paul Drive for close to a decade, but watched helplessly as it all went up in smoke and flames.
Photo Gallery: Large mobile home fire in Spring Hill
B.J. Horton, who lives next door, showed us what little is left of his neighbor's house in Spring Hill.
"I was standing over here and could still feel the heat," he said, referring to the fire's intensity.
The mobile home burned to its foundation. Wooden Beams - blackened. Memories - charred. The fire burning so hot it melted the home's siding.
"I walked to the back and the flames were maybe fifty, sixty foot," said Horton.
Horton says there were at least four people home when the fire broke out around 1:00 a.m. He saw Lana Parsons and her grown son Steve, sitting safely in the front yard. But her husband, Ted Parsons, was being treated in an ambulance.
He was one of two people hurt, say fire officials. But those injuries were not considered life threatening.
"From what they told me they had burns on their head. That's what I was told," said Horton.
Investigators say the Parsons also lost at least four pets to the fire. Three dogs and a cat. Lana Parsons, they say, was heart-broken.
"They were just yelling, panicking, 'I have to go in and get the animals, I gotta go in!'"said another neighbor, Mary.
Mary says she could hear the Parsons family frantically yelling as they tried to get the animals out, but the fire was too intense.
"I don't know, that's maybe how the two couples - or two people - that got burned, you know that's all I know," she said.
Investigators say the fire was likely started by grease left burning on the stove.
It also took longer to knock down than they'd hoped. They were battling in darkness, the roof then collapsed, and being nowhere near a hydrant, getting water on the flames was a challenge.
Chief Torrey Duink with Pasco Fire Rescue says he was rotating equipment in.
"The water sources are quite a ways away. I have three tankers shuttling water back and forth," he said.
In all, more than a dozen units were brought in. After close to five hours, they finally had the blaze under control.
But by that time there was nothing left.
"I feel bad for them. I wish I could do more for them," said Mary, "And I pray may God be with them."
The Parsons will need those prayers and perhaps more. Fire officials say the home was not insured. The Red Cross has agreed to help them out through the weekend.
Preliminary damage estimates are between $50,000 and $60,000.